by Kathy Wheeler, Chair, SST
The SST has been busy in April, 2020
Apr 1, 2020 we had a Zoom meeting with Pact Design. Pact Design sent us the 2 hour Audio of the meeting. Topics discussed were:
· The berm for the retention pond
· The sewer location
· The use of cedar tree bark for outdoor furniture and mulch
· Entryway drop off paving to have no steps up to the entry.
· Sign letters being large enough to be seen by passing motorists
· Fenced area behind the Church will have a playground, a fire pit, a storage building for lawn supplies,
· and a garden area.
· Electrical outlets were discussed for each room within the Church
· A/C units with different sizes for different areas; ability to program areas for different usage load on different days
· Bookcases in the Chapel
· Kitchen appliances, washer, dryer
Apr 12, 2020 We had a Zoom meeting of the SST . Topics discussed were:
· The location and the size of the labyrinth
· The exterior materials for the building
· Furniture and equipment of the classrooms and offices
· Classroom floorplan for the infant and toddler classroom
· Audiovisual projector systems
· Warming appliances
· Undercounter ice maker
· Water filtration in the kitchen and for icemaker
· Small second sink in the kitchen for handwashing
· Double deep sink in the kitchen with a sprayer
· Waste/recycle bins
MEP Mechanical /Electrical /Plumbing
· Location of electrical outlets
· Programmable controls for electric and landscape watering
· Outdoor lighting; solar lighting on paths? Parking lot?
· Child size toilets in bathrooms adjacent children’s classrooms
· Sanctuary acoustic curtains
Apr 19,2020 We had a Zoom SST meeting. Topics discussed were:
· Floor to ceiling glass windows for the children’s classrooms?
· Stained cement floors for much of the Church
· Bookshelves in the Chapel
· Changing tables in the bathrooms between the offices and the Multi purpose room
· A Safe Room
· A chalice outdoors possibly a flattened one near the labyrinth or other outdoor areas
· The address sign; readability from the street
· The sign with our name
· Arrow type signs to guide visitors and members to the labyrinth, the Memorial garden pathway, a meditation area
· Pathway behind the church parallel to the property line for Cubby Hole and outside of the fenced playground area to direct people to the labyrinth to the other side of the Church. Long discussion.
· Security concerns for staff, especially at night or low use days of the building.
· Refrigerator/freezer size and costs
· Video systems
Our next Zoom meeting with Pact Design is Wed Apr 22
Many of the subjects we discussed were not concluded, with ongoing discussions to continue.
We of the SST are honored to participate in envisioning a Church we can all be proud of.
Note to Congregation:
Please send ideas or comments for our new church addressed to both firstname.lastname@example.org
& to email@example.com
We will include your ideas in discussions when the timing for the subject is congruent with the timing of our agenda.
-Kathy Wheeler, Chair, SST