Sunday - Saturday, December 11 – 17, 2022.
Family Promise BC/S, 1401 W Martin Luther King Jr St, Bryan Phone: (979) 268-4309
• Family Promise of B/CS is a temporary shelter for homeless children and their families. This transitional program helps families achieve economic stability to sustain a stable living environment for their children as they continue to attend school.
• Dr. Phebe Simmons is the Director of Family Promise.
• The UUCBV first became involved with FP in 2018, when FP received the title and now owns the 15,000-square-foot Hope Crossing facility at 1401 West Martin Luther King. Many in the community will remember this as the former Carver elementary school. It is located just up MLK Blvd from the Neal Recreation Center where we conduct Sunday services.
• We initially became involved by designing, painting, and furnishing one of the bedrooms, the "Colorful" room, the most popular room in the building.
• Since then, the UUCBV pledged to be a Host Church for Family Promise one quarter per year, and our cycle is this week.
• We still need volunteers to:
• Buy and deliver groceries on Sunday, Dec. 11, after 5:30 pm.
• Prepare a warm dinner Sunday, Dec. 11 - Thursday, Dec. 17.
• John Ivy is making bread for all to use with their meals.
• Dinner Hosts to set up dinner and mingle and eat with clients.
• Overnight Hosts to sleep overnight Sunday, Dec. 11 - Saturday, Dec. 17, from 8 pm to 7:30 am.
• The only people who need training are the Overnight & Dinner, Hosts.
• Join our UUCBV Family Promise Volunteer Group! Sign Up at Coffee Hour or go to: