UUCBV has its roots in Texas A&M’s Department of Oceanography and Meteorology. As Unitarians, Billy and Betty Thomas and Richard and Georgine Tarble, presented their idea of forming a Unitarian fellowship to other members of the department.
In 1956, the Unitarian Fellowship of College Station was formally organized as the 200th fellowship of the American Unitarian Association, originally meeting at the campus YMCA, or in each other's homes.
In 1964 the group was officially incorporated by the State of Texas after having recently moved into a church property built in 1956 located at 305 Old Highway 6, now known as Wellborn Road.
Our congregation has been involved in local justice movements for many decades and we look forward to our future as our new home is built on 29th Street in Bryan.